Dillon's Grill Photos:
About Dillon's Grill:
Gourmet Burgers & Authentic BBQ
Founded in 2006, DILLON'S GRILL is known for revolutionizing the way people eat and enjoy food. Dillon’s Grill is a fun & casual local destination where people gather to enjoy good food and good friends.
Stop in and enjoy our friendly staff, authentic BBQ, gourmet burgers, and an ever-changing selection of Northwest craft beers.
A BRIEF HISTORY OF DILLON’S GRILL
The site where Dillon’s Grill is located has been a hub of the Prineville business community for many years and many of the families mentioned below are still a part of the Prineville community today!
In 1895 L. Dillon purchased the site and parcels running north to Ochoco Creek. He constructed and opened Dillon’s Saloon and Livery on Lot 2. Dillon was also known for rolling and selling his own cigars and cigar boxes. In 1901 the site changed hands. Swalley and Son opened a blacksmith shop just north of Dillon’s Livery and Feed Station. W.H. Young purchased the business from Swalley in 1903.
In 1905 a saloon called "The Bucket," opened on the site. RC Danly owned "The Bucket." Oral history of the notes on early photographs refer to the saloon as "THE BUCKET OF BLOOD." Also in 1905, J.G. Cantril purchased Lot 3 for a livery stable at the old Dillons stand, according to the Crook County Journal (November 16 1905). This site also housed a horseshoeing business operated by F.J. Cramer. In 1906 Ennis and Hill, horse buyers, formed a company to buy, ship and market horses from Crook County. They leased the Dillons Feed Yards and used them as a depot.
Alex Baldwin purchased Dillons Feed Yard and ran a livery stable called Baldwin’s Barn from 1907 - 1908. The newspaper reported that Mr. Baldwin died from injuries sustained in a horse accident in April 1908. In 1908 Crook County became a dry county for one year. White and Gullford acquired the saloon in 1909. They opened a soda works in the old Bucket Saloon, manufacturing soda pop. A confectionary store was connected to the soda works.
From 1908 - 1910 the livery site was run by a series of businessmen, including B.F. Wilhoit and J.M. Montgomery. In 1910 Hughes and Lee bought Young’s blacksmith ship in October and continued to conduct a blacksmith and horseshoe business. In 1918 the site changed use when A.M. Hardenbrook opened a vulcanizing business.
In 1928 the buildings burnt down and the property was used by BLM and others as a storage site until 2001.
Dillon’s Grill opened in 2006. We exist to be a fun and casual local gathering spot where people get together to enjoy good food and good friends who appreciate authentic BBQ, gourmet burgers and a large selection of Northwest craft beers.
PROPRIETORS: Jim & Donna Roths
GENERAL MANAGER: Erin Keaffaber
In the pursuit of hoppiness, Dillon’s Pint Club gathers at Dillon’s Grill to lift a glass and enjoy the unique and interesting flavors produced by Northwest Craft Brewers.
Whether you are a Pint Club member or not, if you enjoy beer, you will enjoy the beer on tap at Dillon’s Grill. The Pint Club was established at Dillon’s in 2008 by founding members Ken and Glenna Nelson.
In recognition of the anniversary of the REPEAL of PROHIBITION, December 5th begins the Pint Club renewal period. Pint Glasses not renewed by December 31st are available for purchase. On January 1st, all unclaimed pint glasses are sold on a first-come basis. There are currently 99 members in the Dillon’s Pint Club.
PINT CLUB BENEFITS
The numbered pint glasses are imperial pints, so members enjoy 4 extra ounces of their favorite brew. Throughout the year, we set dates for Pint Club events where members gather to enjoy all things beer.
Pint Club members can purchase beer tokens and place them in other members’ glasses. There are new pint glasses each year, and members get to take their old pint glass home as a keepsake.
Many of the Pint Club members are also home brewers, so it’s a great place to gather to learn more about the craft.
Mon - Sun: 11am - 9pm
142 Northeast 5th Street, Prineville, Oregon 97754, United States